Comfortable large group bunkhouse sleeping up to 21, with catering available, for activity and family groups in the Cambrian Mountains. The Hafren Forest Bunkhouse was originally an old weather station which has been converted into practical and comfortable accommodation for small or large groups, set in a stunning location on the edge of the Hafren Forest. There are 4 bunk rooms sleeping between 4, 4, 5 and 8 in modern bunks (bedding is provided).
The large comfortable lounge area has laminated flooring, settees and TV with a DVD Player and PlayStation. The dining room can comfortably seat 26.
The adjoining full catering kitchen is served by a large gas range and is equipped to serve large groups.
Two shower areas provide a total of 6 electric showers and toilet facilities including a disabled toilet. There is a drying room for hanging outdoor kit and storing boots, with a large washing machine and a tumble dryer.
The building is all on one level, making it fully accessible for disabled guests. It has oil fired central heating with hot water on demand, and a wood burner in the lounge.
- Large and fully equipped kitchen including a 6 burner gas range cooker. 1 Large fridge, 1 large freezer, microwave.
- Seats 26, with views out across the hills and forest.
- Warm and comfortable room with settees, coffee table, small dining room table and chairs. Wood burner and stunning views across farm land and hills.
- TV, DVD, PlayStation, CD player and radio.
- Mobile reception from a newly installed O2 mast.
Dogs are welcome for a small extra charge.
The Hafren Forest Bunkhouse is approximately 2 hours drive from Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool and Cardiff, but is in fact a world away. It sits on the edge of the Hafren Forest with its marked walks and forest tracks for cycling; there are walks which will take you to the sources of both the River Severn Wye. The spectacular lake Llyn Clywedog with its huge dam is a few hundred yards away and provides opportunities for sailing, fishing and walking. We are also a central point for the MTB trail centres at Nant yr Arian, Coed y Brenin and Machynlleth.
Many birds of prey and other bird life can be spotted in the forest and on the hills close to the centre. The rivers and lakes support otters and the forests are hot spots for polecat and pine martin.
And we have nesting ospreys within 400m of the centre - you can walk along and see them on the nest and watch them fishing for trout on Llyn Clywedog.
- Llanidloes 8 miles, Machynlleth 11 miles
- Post office in Staylittle [1 mile]. Coop & Spar in Llanidloes [8 miles], Tesco & Morrisons in Newtown [15 miles]. Tesco deliver to the door!
- Star Inn [drinks and meals] 1.5 miles. Numerous pubs, restaurants and cafes in Llanidloes - we can arrange taxi/minibuses.
Please contact us re booking fees especially if you require sole occupancy. We are extremely flexible with regards to changeover days and happy to book for small groups from 4 up to larger groups of 21. We are happy to discuss your needs to meet your requirements.