Welcome to Larchfield! After an overnight stay in our home, we hope you will feel recharged, refuelled and ready to continue your journey onwards through the Scottish Highlands.
Our home is located just beyond the sleepy village of Contin on the A835 on Craigdarroch Drive which is the gateway to the NC500 North Coast 500. It’s a place you’ll find a warm and friendly welcome in a tranquil setting surrounded by trees. The perfect base for exploring North, South, East & West of the Highlands. Equally, it’s a great stopover either on your journey North or South.
We offer high-quality accommodation with breakfast as hearty or healthy as you would like it to be!
Ample overnight parking with locked double garage suitable for motorbikes or bicycles. We also offer a heated boot room for hanging outdoor gear whilst you relax and rejuvenate for the journey ahead.
Meet your Hosts
Your hosts at Larchfield are Suzan & Steve McKeever. Having returned from living overseas we decided to buy Larchfield and turn it into a Bed and Breakfast so that we can share this part of the Highlands with others. Originally from Inverness, Suzan’s career took her down the Nursing Path. Steve, from Sunderland, spent his working life in the Oil & Gas Industry. Both very much enjoy travelling and meeting new people.
- Comfortable Guest Lounge with wonderful views of the garden and beyond to relax and read. Alternatively, there is a 65′ TV with Freeview, selection of games and jigsaws to wile away the hours on those drizzly days if you choose to have a day off from travelling. There’s even a Record Player with some Vintage Vinyl for you to reminisce!
- We serve Breakfast in our Breakfast Room. You are welcome to use this room to eat in at other times of the day. We would ask that you don’t eat hot food in the bedrooms. There is a fridge, microwave, toaster and kettle for your use in there. We keep a small stock of frozen, microwaveable ready meals for purchase if required.
- Packed Lunches available to purchase on request
- Heated Boot Room
- Ample Offroad Parking
- Locked Garage for Motorbikes/Bicycles and hose available for washing them down if necessary
- Washing & Drying of inside clothing is available for a small charge
- Ironing Board and Iron available on request
- 2 Kingsize Bedrooms with En-Suite Shower Rooms
- 1 Twin/Super Kingsize Bedroom with Private Shower Room
- 32′ Flat Screen TV in all rooms
- Hairdryer in all rooms
- Nespresso Coffee Machine and Kettle with hospitality tray in all rooms
- 2 USB Charging points in all rooms
- Blackout Blinds in all rooms
- Free wi-fi
Out & About
You’ll find us on the stunning NorthCoast500 Route. Scotland’s version of Route 66, this route will give you a chance to experience all that is wonderful about the Scottish Highlands.
- Whether you’re into walking, cycling, biking, wildlife, sea kayaking, canoeing, gorge scrambling, mountain biking, photography, fishing, golfing or just looking! There’s something for everyone North, South, East & West of Larchfield.
- Walking & Cycling routes too numerous to mention – route books available in the guest lounge Walking Routes Cycle Routes
- Maybe you’ll catch sight of the Dolphins at Chanonry Point in Fortrose? Or if you’d like take a trip out onto the Moray Firth to get up close Dolphin Trips
- Try your hand at one of the many guided activities with our local husband and wife team at Liquid Footprints. With many years of experience in the field, you can rest assured that you’re in safe hands. Liquid Footprints
- Fishing on Loch Achilty, Tarvie Loch or you might be lucky enough to take a Salmon out of the River Ness Fishing Tours
- History of the area to be found at the various castles around – Cawdor Castle and Eileen Donan Castle. Not forgetting the Heritage site at Culloden Moor where the Jacobites fell in 1746 Castles of Scotland Map National Trust for Scotland
- Walking and Ski-ing in the Cairngorms National Park is approx 1hr drive Cairngorms National Park
- ‘Munro Bagging’ – for those who are clocking up their ‘Munros’ we have on very famous one close by Ben Wyvis Munro Map
- We have a number of Distilleries in the area and all do very informative tours Distillery Map
- There are some fabulous Golf Courses around the area too – Castle Stuart has hosted the Scottish Open Championship 3 times Golf Courses
- Don’t forget to visit the stunning Isle of Skye with its breathtaking scenery and Island hospitality second to none! Isle of Skye