IMPORTANT NOTE: iFootpath is not intended for use by children. You must be aged 14 or over to register with an account on the iFootpath website and App. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you are confirming that you are aged 14 or over.
1. Walking Safety1.1 The iFootpath walking guides have been prepared with great care and all routes were walked and checked at the time of writing. However, diversions of the rights of way can occur over time along with changes to the landscape and we cannot, of course, be held responsible for any inaccuracies in the text that result from these or any other changes to the routes. We are keen to make sure that all walk details are kept up to date so please let us know of any changes to the routes so that we can correct the information.
1.2 The maps which form part of the walking guides are based on the GPS route data, and they are included to give the reader a map reference to use in conjunction with the text and photographs. However, for the benefit of a proper map, we recommend that you purchase the Ordnance Survey map covering the area of the walk.
1.3 We have taken care to make sure that these walks are safe for walkers of a reasonable level of experience and fitness. However, like all outdoor activities, walking carries a degree of risk and we accept no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal effects, personal accident, injury or public liability whilst following these walks.
1.4 For your safety and comfort we recommend that you take the following with you on your walk: bottled water, snacks, a waterproof jacket, waterproof/sturdy boots, a woolly hat and fleece (in winter and cold weather), a fully-charged mobile phone, a whistle, a compass and an Ordnance Survey map of the area.
1.5 Check the weather forecast before you leave, carry appropriate clothing and do not set out in fog or mist as these conditions can seriously affect your ability to navigate the route. Take particular care on cliff/mountain paths where steep drops can present a particular hazard. Some routes include sections along roads – take care to avoid any traffic at these points. Around farmland take care with children and dogs, particularly around machinery and livestock. If you are walking on the coast make sure you check the tide times before you set out.
1.6 Finally, when out walking obey the Countryside Code:
2. Walk Selection2.1 When selecting your walk you should take account of the walk difficulty, length and type. Choose an appropriate walk based on your own ability and level of fitness. If you are in any doubt consult your GP.
2.2 Walk Difficulty: The walks are all graded for difficulty on a scale of one to five. The easiest routes (marked with one boot) would be suitable for complete beginners with nothing too difficult to contend with – relatively flat terrain, good surfaces and no difficult obstacles. At the opposite end of the spectrum are the most difficult routes (marked with five boots) which will probably include steep and long climbs and several stiles as well as some scrambling over rocks.
2.3 The walk difficulty does NOT take account of the walk length, but does give an indication of how challenging the route and terrain is likely to be. The grading is subjective and should only be used as a guide when selecting a walk.
2.4 Walk Length: The length of the walks is given to the nearest mile. Remember that walks that are more challenging will feel longer than the easier ones, and you should allow more time to complete the more strenuous routes.
2.5 Walk Type: The type of walk gives an indication of the type of environment you will encounter. Of course, most walks travel through a variety of environments and so the type is selected to reflect the bulk of the walking route. The ten walk types are: Town/City, History Trail, Garden/Park, Footpaths/Byways, River/Lakeside, Coastal, Woodland, Long Distance Path, Hills/Valleys/Dales, Mountains.
3. Content3.1 The content of the pages of the iFootpath website and App is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice. The information contained is for general information purposes only. While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website/App or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website/App for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
3.2 You acknowledge that any information and materials provided on this website/App may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we accept no liability for any loss, damage, injury, costs or expenses howsoever caused or incurred as a result of any errors, inaccuracies or omissions contained in the information on this site.
3.3 Your use of any information or materials on this website/App is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website/App meet your specific requirements.
NOTE: The information made available on this website/App has been provided in good faith and intended only as a general guide. You are advised, and it is your responsibility, to exercise caution using any of the information and to verify and validate using other sources prior to using it. The walking guides provided are not a substitute for maps, compasses and any other navigational aids and you should always take appropriate equipment and information with you. You should exercise judgement prior to embarking on any walks to ensure you and any other members of your party are fit enough. When in doubt, please do not walk and seek medical advice.
4. Rights4.1 The iFootpath website/App contains material which is owned by or licensed to us (except that material defined in paragraph 4.2 below). This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with our Copyright Notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
4.2 You are solely responsible for any content created on or uploaded by you to this website. You agree to not include any unlawful, abusive or otherwise objectionable content of any kind. You agree that any content created or uploaded is free of any copyright restrictions and furthermore that you will indemnify us of any claims made in respect of copyright violation for content that you are responsible for. Copyright for any content that you submit to iFootpath is retained by you, but by posting that material you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, distribute and display in connection with the iFootpath website and mobile applications.
NOTE: This means that any walk details, notes or instructions that you enter must be your own work and not copied from any other source. Any photographs or illustrations that you upload to this website must be taken or created by you (and for which you are the sole copyright owner) and not copied from any other source. You will retain copyright to any photographs or illustrations that you upload to this website; we make no claims to copyright or other rights to your content.
4.3 All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, iFootpath are acknowledged on the website.
4.4 Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
4.5 From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
4.6 Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited, other than printing or downloading to a local hard disk or mobile device, extracts and walking guides for your personal and non-commercial use only.
4.7 You may not, except with our express written permission and that of any other copyright holders, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other forms of electronic retrieval system.
4.9 Any rights not expressly granted in these Terms and Conditions are reserved to iFootpath.
5. Availability and Use5.1 Every effort is made to keep the website and App up and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website or App content being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
5.2 We reserve the right to suspend indefinitely your access to iFootpath where it appears to us (acting reasonably) that your use of this website is not for Personal Use or that your behaviour is in breach of any provision of these Terms and Conditions. Our decision shall be final.
6. Applicable Law6.1 Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
Changes to our Terms and Conditions
This policy was last updated on 29 April 2018. We reserve the rights to make changes or variations to our Terms and Conditions, from time to time. Any changes to our Terms and Conditions shall apply to the use of our website and App from the time of publication of the revised policy on our website and/or App.