To make the iFootpath website and iPhone App useful it needs walks to be made available and shared. Lots of them, from all over the UK. We can see from website activity that some are adding walks, but please consider joining in and adding one or two walks to the library for all to share and enjoy. They can be added from waypoints in a GPS file and descriptions and photographs added or entered by filling in the forms on the website. They do not need enormous amounts of detail and many of the fields in the website forms are optional, but walk descriptions do benefit from from a photograph or two at the very least.
Just register, log in and select New Walk from the menu and off you go!
Win a camera!
The more walks we have in the library for all to share and enjoy the better, and to encourage you to add a walk or two of your own we will be staging a simple competition. The prize is a nice little Canon compact camera and will be awarded once the total walks published reaches 250. If everyone who has registered on the website created and shared just one walk this total would be quickly exceeded...
The rules are very simple:
- this is free to enter, no purchases necessary
- registration on the iFootpath website is required to create a walk
- add one or more walks to the library and make them available for sharing
- there is no restriction on the number of walks you can enter
- once the total walks published in the iFootpath library reaches 250 the winner will be selected
- the winner will be selected by picking one published walk at random, the author of this walk being the winner
- no cash prize will be substituted
- the winner will be notified by email
- copyright of walk descriptions entered and any images uploaded to the website will remain with the authors
So, please help us to create the best (and free) walking library available!